Hello and welcome to ipt!
We record and process the personal data you provide so that you receive content tailored to your enquiries. Perhaps you are wondering what we do with your data and ask yourself one of the following questions:
What is data processing?
This is any handling of personal data. For example, we store, manage or delete the personal data transmitted to us.
How do we process your personal data?
We use Salesforce (incl. Pardot) and Google (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Analytics) This includes the storage and processing of your data.
When do we collect your data?
In principle, we process your data when you contact us and we communicate together. Here you will find exemplary situations:
- If you send us an e-mail or send a contact form (you request an offer or apply for a job)
- You receive a newsletter or other promotional mailings
- You visit the ipt website and accept the cookies (see «What are cookies and how are they used?»)
- You request documents from www.ipt.ch, register for a webinar or event, take part in a survey or competition
Which data do we process?
This depends on which services you request and how you obtain them. We collect the following data in particular:
- General contact information (name, title, function, department, office address, e-mail, phone, URLs on social network profiles)
- Professional interests and areas of responsibility
- Notes on appointments, telephone conversations and exchanged e-mails
- Jointly pursued business opportunities up to and including contract conclusion
- Your application documents sent to us
- The data you provide in online surveys
- Information about the use of our website - personal (if you accept cookies) as well as aggregated, this includes in particular the contents of our website that you call up including the source (such as Google Adwords, posts on social media etc.) from which the request came.
- Information about e-mails opened and links and advertisements displayed and clicked on, events attended and newsletters subscribed to.
Why do we process your data?
We try to limit the data processing to the most necessary. Your data can be processed for the following purposes:
- For offers and contracts we store contact information of contact persons;
- For requests concerning participation in events, we contact you by e-mail or telephone;
- We process data to analyse customer behaviour and customer satisfaction;
- We contact you by e-mail or telephone with the aim of providing you with tailor-made information about new products and services, for the organisation and implementation of special events such as information sessions, etc.
- We present information tailored to your interests through various channels such as our website, Google Remarketing (incl. Google Display Network), social media etc.
- In the case of applications, all personal data and attached documents will only be collected, processed and used for the purpose of storing, evaluating and forwarding your application. Your personal data is only accessible to the personnel management and the management of ipt. Regarding the deletion of your data, we refer to the point «How long do we store your data».
Do we use web analysis tools?
We want to constantly improve ourselves in order to offer you an even better service in the future. We use the following technologies to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing measures and to display tailor-made information:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to continuously improve our website. Google Analytics transfers this data including a shortened IP address. It is therefore not possible to identify individuals. You can find further information on data protection at Google Analytics here. Google also offers a browser plugin to deactivate Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics Remarketing: We use the features of Google Analytics Remarketing in conjunction with the cross-device capabilities of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick to display customized advertising messages across devices. You can disable such personalized advertising in your Google Account: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
If you wish to disable Hotjar data collection, click on the following link and follow the instructions there: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
- Facebook: The Facebook pixel allows us to track your behavior on our website after you have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. This allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of Facebook Ads. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us and we cannot draw any conclusions about your identity. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes. You can disable this function. To do so, you must be logged in to Facebook. For more information, see the Facebook privacy statement.
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions (LMS): We use LinkedIn Insight tags to evaluate target audiences, display target-specific advertising and analyse the effectiveness of ads. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us and we cannot draw any conclusions about your identity. However, LinkedIn stores and processes the data so that it can be linked to your user profile and LinkedIn may use the data for its own marketing purposes.
- XING: This can include content such as images, videos or texts and buttons with which you can express your favorites regarding content and subscribe to the authors of the content or our contributions. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us and we cannot draw any conclusions about your identity. However, the data is stored and processed by XING, so that a connection to your profile is possible. You can find further information and the option to deactivate these functions at https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung.
- Instagram: This may include, for example, content such as images, videos or text and buttons with which you can make known your favours regarding content and subscribe to the authors of the content or our contributions. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us and we cannot draw any conclusions about your identity. However, the data will be stored and processed by Instagram so that a connection to your profile is possible. For more information and how to disable these features, please see http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
What are cookies and how are they used?
The web analysis tools we use are partly based on cookies. Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can instruct your browser not to accept cookies or to ask you before accepting a cookie from a website you visit. You can also delete cookies on your computer or mobile device by using the appropriate function of your browser. If you decide not to accept our cookies or the cookies of our partner companies, you may not be able to see certain information on our website and you may not be able to use some functions that are intended to improve your visit.
Do we pass on your data?
We only use your data internally and do not pass them on to third parties. However, we use the services of third parties (Salesforce/Pardot, Google, Facebook and LinkedIn) to provide our services. We require these third parties to process the data only according to our instructions and for the purpose we have specified. In addition, the third party companies have committed themselves to protecting the data with appropriate organisational and technical measures.
If third parties are located in countries in which the applicable laws do not offer protection comparable to that provided by Swiss law, we will ensure this by contract as far as possible.
We will disclose data in exceptional cases if this is necessary to comply with legal regulations or if we are obliged to disclose data by courts or authorities in the course of proceedings.
How long do we store your data?
We store your data for as long as we need it for our business purposes. We delete data that is no longer required. You can request (premature) deletion of your data at any time.
In the case of applications, your documents will be deleted or returned at the latest six months after receipt, provided that no employment or new application has been made in the meantime. If you withdraw your application, we will delete the documents you provided or return them on request.
What rights do you have in relation to your data?
- Information: You have the right to receive information about your stored data at any time.
- Correction: If the data is incorrect, you have the right to demand correction.
- Opt-out: If you no longer wish to consent to or object to one of our data processing activities, please inform us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can comply with your request.
- Deletion: You can request the deletion of your data. If the processing of personal data is necessary to control or provide services, we can neither delete the data nor refrain from processing.
Do you have further questions about data protection?
Write us an e-mail. We will endeavour to answer your questions, a request for information or correction as quickly as possible.